Why is Protein important in a diet?
When life gives you lemons, you ask for something higher in protein!
- Build: Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage and skin. Most of your hair and nails are mostly comprised of protein.
- Regulate: During transformation and development of cells during puberty, Proteins play an important role in hormone regulation.
- Oxygenate: RBC’s contain a Protein compound that carries Oxygen throughout the body. This helps supply your entire body with the nutrients it needs.
- Repair: Your body uses it to build and repair damaged tissues.
- Digest: Half of the dietary protein goes into making enzymes, which aids in digesting food and making new cells and body chemicals.
Now, how does Protein help you stay in Shape:
SPEEDING recovery after exercise or injury
BUILDING lean muscle
REDUCING muscle loss
HELPING maintain a healthy weight